Wednesday, February 11, 2009

The CBeyond Attack Dogs Come Out

I received a call from an anonymous phone number this morning from a person who identified himself as "Tom". He provided no company name or last name, however, "Tom" did say the call was regarding the outstanding CBeyond balance.

He said, "what's the story with this bill, are you going to settle it?"

I said, "There is a story that you can find quite easily by typing in 'Cbeyond' into Google. You should see a cbeyondservice.blogspot link on the right hand side to reach a complete detailed story of why we are not only refusing to pay Cbeyond, but we are demanding all monies that were ever paid to Cbeyond to be returned to us."

Tom said, "I'm in front of a computer and it's not here - it must not be getting any clicks."

I said, "Oh, ok, let me spell the domain name..."

Tom interrupted, "I know how to spell it! Are you refusing to pay this bill!?"

I said, "Absolutely, can you help me..."

Click - Tom hung up on me. I guess he didn't want to help me recover my payments to Cbeyond - he was more interested in remaining anonymous while attempting to collect a debt on behalf of Cbeyond.

I imagine Tom hears that a lot. I don't envy anyone having to make collections calls for Cbeyond, however, I do believe that he may have violated some laws with regard to collecting a debt. This deserves more research. Does anyone know what laws Tom may have violated while representing Cbeyond? Any help here would be appreciated.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Thanks for this blog. I don't plan on keeping my appointment with the rep I will call and cancel it. I did tell him what we do pay for internet, phone and cable t.v. and if you can beat that price then we can talk he said he could. we pay for all three 285.00 a month through comcast here in Michigan. So I was wondering how he planed on beating that price, I now see they will say anything to reel you in. Thanks for the info